Saturday 1 May 2021

Willys Hotchkiss M201 Jeep Update;

 


Not done much in the last week Jeep wise, added a brew kit in the 50 Cal ammo box...

Alpkit Brew kit stove, two plastic cups, plastic spork, and bag of 2 in 1 instant coffees...


These bottles keep every thing tight and stop anything  rattling, I will keep them incase needed for the radiator and add cycling bottles in the dashboard holders if were going up the hills to park up for a picnic - that won't be until that freezing cold easterly disappears and the days warm up a bit!



I resprayed the silencer with matt black heat resistant paint and it looks a lot better...



And added a second Poppy to the rear bumper...


Another pack of 4 bottles of Redex Lead Additive arrived which will keep me going for a while...



I also got the spray cans out and an old Raleigh 1953 roadster got the army treatment having added a wartime black out headlamp I was recently given...




It needs an old rear rack so I can add some canvas bags I have...

While at it i resurrected an old bicycle pump refitting a new air tube and it too got the Olive drab treatment...



And a 1980 stamped Bulldog shovel I had previously fitted a new handle too, along with a pick axe...


All adds my collection of military and military themed items...

Today I sorted out the rear rails and hood and they are fitted properly now,




Parked down the harbour after a drive around town and I chatted with local residents who are fans of the Jeep and like seeing one being used instead of in a museum, it has a lot of friends a Jeep!,

And i was given some old items for my collection which I will need to research to find their age and country of origin,

An alloy water bottle and mess tin,



And an old glass water bottle in leather case, thought to be cavalry related,



before heading home I went a short drive this afternoon around the local back roads to do some film, Wee film, Song is `Exit` by Tangerine Dream



More soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment