Tuesday 22 February 2022

A 4K Go Pro Video - but is it worth the upload time?...



 Was out with G a cycle along at JMCP and I set the Go Pro HERO 10 camera I recently bought to 4K settings as before but having now worked out you have to start editing your film with a 4K film clip to get the film to publish in 4K (I previously used a picture) I now ask is the 4K really worth the bother when you wait 2 hours for the PC to save the film to then wait 4+ hours (I went to bed) for the film to upload in 4K for what 60 -90 folks to watch it - yep welcome to Instagram and other phone to media uploads that the youngsters use now for instant internet publication along with hashtag `look at me and how many hits I can have` which it seems is really what it is about these days on the internet - there is a reason I follow very few other cyclists online as they are obsessed with getting viewings and ratings and free sh** to review - which is not why I cycle... believe me I love my Surly steel Fatbikes but their day is gone and they as a company have no interest in the bikes I love to cycle and this is a sad day to say this but I get a lot of emails and FB msgs from fellow owners saying this - I can only reply with saying to keep what you own and ride it as you love it... and to hell with marketing and what the mainstream cycling folk say you should be cycling...

My Fatbike is my Gravel bike....

Ha Ha had to say that- never read or watched so much bull on Youtube regarding these bikes, but you know?let folk get on with it if they think there as awesome as the marketing gurus say they are...

 G and I have a load of Pugsley 2.0 Fatbikes that tick all the boxes and will keep us rolling the rest pot our cycling years, rant over... let me know in the comments if you think publishing films in 4K is really worth it for the amount of waiting time they take for the reality of viewers on here - I already know that answer and will try 2.7K upload next to see the time it takes, but prob just use 1080 as the first film I uploaded was really impressive with the quality and upload speed it took which was quick along the same time as my older Go Pro HERO 8 camera...





In other news this film made on Feb 14 - Valentines Day was 20 years since Scottish Alternative Electronic band Boards Of Canada released their album `Geogaddi` so it seems for to use a cool track from the album - `Music Is Math` 

Be so cool to take the guys from BOC out a beach ride when they live locally...



More soon...

1 comment:

  1. I think 4k is probably OTT. 2.7k is generally very good and 1080 is probably more than adequate.

    ReplyDelete