Saturday 6 July 2024

The History of my Hotchkiss Willys M201 Jeep

 


Exciting news folks regarding the history of my Willys Jeep!

So rewinding back I could not find out why my jeep did not have the usual French Government contract numbers from when it was produced - a MALT number and other details , and why it is actually blue underneath? all was revealed after some Google translate and questions I asked were answered on a French M201 Facebook page


Watch this!...






So there you go, my Jeep was actually produced in 1969 not 1965 as the UK logbook states, and it is the 5th last EVER produced Willys MB...

Think about that out of nearly 650,000 WW2 Jeeps - half of which are Willys MB`s (other half Ford GPW`s) then 27,300 odd French manufactured Willys MB`s (under licence) it is one of the last, 

One of 6 known Civilian French Willys MB`s - a C201,  and the only C201 in the UK!


Cool eh?




I am not selling it, painting it blue, or probably not painting it sand a s a lot of work to do...
But keep using it and enjoying it...



It was a dream come true to own a Willys Jeep and I want to keep that dream alive and live it...


More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment