Tuesday 2 February 2021

Isolation Cycle Pt 11; Snow!


Snow in Sunny Dunny!
Does not snow often here on the coast despite some days of bitter cold onshore winds out the east from Norway etc but we got a couple of inches so went out a play on the Fatbikes. It was good to see folk out enjoying themselves, lots of sledging at the Golf Course. I nearly crashed bottoming out a descent folk were sledging - I soon realised why they were all keeping further left when I hit a 2 foot near drop at the bottom!, how I never hurt myself I don't know, a slightly sprained left ankle and bent Brooks seat rails shows the strength of Steel bikes and Race Face seat posts!, most importantly I never crashed in front of a big crowd!...










Friend Davie was out on his Pugsley... 









The sledging hill on the golf course, lesson learned; always stop and have a good look!, the G out at the bottom was so hard my front light popped out it's mount!...






Davie went his own way off around JMCP while we headed back into town, keeping with social distancing etc...
Was fun while it lasted as it soon thawed then froze though the trails would remain dry a the next few days with hard frosts every morning...

Wee film, Song is `Picking it up` by Phontaine,



More soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment