Thursday 1 July 2021

Midweek Cycle - post work ride to the coast...


Into July... and warm weather!, that's if there is not a sea haar which there often is and this year there has been a lot of haar early mornings with the onshore easterly winds, often it lifts and burns off to reveal blue skies by mid morning, the east coast weather is so changeable, a Scottish saying is ` If you don't like the current weather, wait 15 minutes...` so true...

Today was a case in point as I drove to work in thick fog, at least at 5,45am there is next to no other cars on the country roads I take, and by midday the haar had burned away, I parked at Dirleton Village and changed and cycled a loop down to the coast and it was nice and quiet as I trailed through the grassy dune landscape I often refer to as East Lothians Savannah...



Offshore a big Rig was being moved by several tugs that has been involved in work on the new Windfarm out in the Firth of Forth, the Marine App on my phone revealed all...







One of my favourite views...


It's about to get real busy here on around the Golf Course next week with the Scottish Open,  I won't be blogging much if at all for the next week or so until it is all over as will be working long days, unlike my usual 3 day week, to help out which is including the next two weekends,  but I have got some films by other folk I found searching about on YouTube I will post.... but maybe I will get a few short bike rides in as some days I will be on split shifts...





You will see this coast on the TV coverage next week, which using arial cameras and cranes they use to great effect showing the stunning coast here that this corner of Scotland owes much to the history of the game...  though it really looks better in real life than on TV, but don't tell folk that right? lol!...

Onto the beach and quite a few folk out walking to film across the sands so I headed across the rocks to Marine Villa Point...







From the point I was done filming and taking pics as after  riding the sandy twin track to Yellowcraig beaches it was like a Benidorm beach invasion with day visitors - cannot blame folk though after over a year on lockdown... 

Wee film, Song is `Globe Trekker Theme` by Michael Conn & Ian Richie & The West India Company


More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment