Tuesday 10 May 2022

Return to `Site X` metal detecting again...

 


Back out metal detecting at `Site X` again last week with friend Liam after we did a bit WW2 exploration digging somewhere else looking for stuff - that will be in another post once I return to do some more err digging. after that I took Liam to the undisclosed location which if you watch this video I made from several years ago how this wood was in the flight path of a WW2 Coastal Command Live Fire Range on the coastline - most of East Lothians coast line was out of bounds to the Public in WW2 away from coastal villages and towns and both heavily fortified against invasion and some areas were used for live fore training...


Liam loved it and I let him take away his finds to polish up...




We were only there an hour but still find all these Hispano 20mm cartridges.

Next day I went back as G on dayshift and spent a couple of hours there and ended up with an impressive haul. When I first went there I found out quickly that no one had been metal detecting there, there was even cartridges lying on the ground!, I think I have harvested several hundred if not more over the years.

2 steps and PING!








Couple of the magazine clips too...


Soon filled the bag and I was off home...


40  20mm Hispano cartridges and some nice .303 cartridges, all preserved in sand for 80 years



Keeping the good ones to really polish up for the military collection I cleaned the rest and put them in the Jeep to give to any Jeep fans I meet when out and about...



More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment