Saturday 27 November 2021

Willys Jeep; Probably last warm weekend out Jeeping as winter bites...

 

Winter is here!, baltic cold days this week and though no frost yet the road gritters have been out, a good thing for commuters driving early hours, not so for folk with old classic cars who cherish them them...


After last Sunday's drive my Jeep will not be out much now, unless we get a real good dumping of snow and I may be tempted to go for a play as that would be too much fun to miss out on...,  otherwise its now out cycling Fatbikes mostly now on my time off...


The Jeep has done a recorded 2500 miles in my first year of ownership and it has been great fun and one of the best things I have done buying it. A childhood dream come true and I cherish every drive I make short (around town) or further afield around the County and already looking forward to warmer weather next year and getting out again with the screen and roof canvas down...


It has taken most of the year to sort it out to how I wanted it to look like etc, and that's me done now. I`m not worried about trying to make it any more WW2 authentic with adding a WW2 style combat rims and authentic blackout lamp and canvas seat covers like I originally planned when I got it. It's not a genuine WW2 Jeep with WW2 history, it's just a Jeep and I`m just going to use it as it is for myself and friends...






Treating the chassis and underbody with Lanoguard spray was a wise idea and should keep the Jeep in good condition...




No more films since my last drive last weekend so I will leave you with this informative film, which I have have a collection of to post occasionally over winter month from old news reals, and I will be sharing other Jeep owners YouTube films which I have found valuable in carrying out maintenance myself...



More soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment