Sunday 2 January 2022

Last cycle of 2021...And into 2022!...

 Happy New Year everyone!...


Rewind 48 hours and it was the day before Hogmany... and the end of another year... with work  winding down I finally got an end of year cycle, though sadly on my own as G on nightshift and sleeping, so on stealth mode I headed out early along to John Muir Country Park (JMCP) and although mid morning it was hoaching with people, probably no where else to go so did not bother filming or stopping for pictures along the busy beach at Belhaven until I rounded the point and headed across the empty Belhaven sands...


A lot of greasy mud out here at low tide but I was on the Army Pugsley and with it's 65mm rims and 3.7' (4") Surly Nate chunky tyres makes it ideal for out here.  I know I ride Surly Moonlander wheels on Surly Pugsley 2.0 which is the widest available Fatbike wheel set combination but this size of Fatbike wheel still has its place in places like out here and I definitely think the Surly Nate is the best 4" Fatbike tyre size where the narrower rounded profile if on the original 65mm wide Surly rim is the best option...


All was quiet away from the hoards out walking around on the beach alongside the river Tyne Estuary...


WW2 barb wire coils - aka pigs tails...


Cloud reflections on mirror still water...


NATE Power!...



Wee film of the cycle, song is `Nylon` by Phontaine...


Back home and after a quick hose off of mud I wheeled the Jeep out and fired it up and headed out a short drive around Town... This years mild winter weather is a blessing and it's nuts I could drive about with the hood and windscreen down!, Now, if the council would just stop spreading road salt when the temperatures are over 10 degrees Celsius!, And the forecasts are for the warmest New Year temperatures on record!,  who makes these decisions?...





New Years Day...

The 1st dawned windy but dry and clearing skies by mid morning, we headed out just before midday and being high tide the narrow beach was busy again as we cycled a loop around JMCP, I never took any pics today and just took stills off the Go Pro Footage...












Looking forward to this year, I always look forward to another new year!, Life is Good...


Wee film from the 1st, Song is `Mercy` by Gary Numan...


More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment