Sunday 31 July 2022

First Royal Enfield film and 10,000 views in 10 days!

 


Something happened I was not expecting...

I made a film about my new motorbike purchase, which I used my usual point to point shots then sat and behind the camera had a chat about the bike and why I bought one, it ended up going on for 17 minutes so anyway it was soon uploaded and published...then the views started going up and up...

1000 views in the first evening, checked in on Youtube next day and they were 3000! and still rising!, as were the likes and comments... lots of lovely complementary comments too, on my film making style, local scenery, and music choice, and how I put it all together...

As I wrote this blog post I checked and there was now over 10,000 views, 345 likes, and 92 positive comments...

I`m blown away by the response, real chuffed but here's some interesting things, I linked this blog amongst links to Royal Enfield websites under my bit waffle on the film, yet the cycling and Willys Jeep films made after the motorbike film just have the usual amount of views, as did the blog views...

I definitely struck the right chord with this film, obviously there is a big interest in these motorcycles...      I will keep doing cycling and Jeep films and Blog posts as usual and do the same amount of films to them ie every 3rd or 4th film will be about the motorbike, and see what comes of it, be interesting if the new subscribers hang around.

Its a breath of fresh air as the blog and YouTube films do not get a lot of views anymore, but as you know I do this for myself, family and friends, your never going to make a living out it and the saying is so true; `Don't try to make a living out your hobbies and passions`...


Anyway the next film after  this I made yesterday and uploading soon with 1000 miles now on the Enfield 350 so it will be a blog post soon...


More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment